Murray and Lorrie served at Bonavista EMC in Calgary for 35 years. They have been married for over 40 years and minister closely together in many leadership enrichment opportunities. Murray has a BA in Biblical Literature from Bethel College in Indiana, a Master of Divinity with an emphasis on Religious Philosophy and a Master of Arts in Christian Counseling from Western Evangelical Seminary as well as a Doctor of Ministry from Fuller Seminary. He is also a Certified Taylor Johnson Temperament Analysis Instructor. Lorrie holds a degree in Christian Education from Mountain View Bible College. Murray has continued to take post-graduate courses that are designed to best serve those in ministry. They are a ministry couple who together care deeply about the soul and heart of the leader and are passionate about investing in leaders’ lives.
- Pastoral cohort retreat in the Swalm home for two days, 3 times a year to discuss and journey together in the challenges of ministry life.
- Topics range from anger, sexuality, loneliness and isolation, spouses, phases of ministry and dualism.
- Understanding the leader’s unique circumstances and developing an appropriate sabbatical plan
- Helping church boards understand sabbatical and how to work with their pastor.
Retreats and Seminars
- Men’s retreats , Marriage and Pastoral couple retreats, Other retreats as arranged.
Spiritual Direction for individuals or groups
My wife and I have been profoundly impacted by both Murray and Lorrie. Our time with them has been refreshing, thought provoking, and life giving. I describe Murray as the Eugene Peterson of the EMCC because of his unique, fresh and insightful thinking. This couple has been a breath of fresh air to us.Steve Schaufele, Leadership Cohort Member
- Phone Consultation
- Online Consultation: Skype, WhatsApp
- In Person
- Willing to Travel
- One on One, Couples, Small Groups or Larger group Retreats and Workshops
- Experiences will be tailored to the group size, time allotted and goals of the leader.
- office: (403) 278-4518
- cell: (403) 835-6412
To get in touch with Murray and Lorrie by email, please use the form below.
NOTE: All details for securing the services of this facilitator are to be arranged directly with their contact information above.
Murray and Lorrie’s Recommended Resources
Sabbatical Perspectives by Murray Swalm
Expectation Wheel by Murray Swalm